- Audit Assignment Objective
- Ensure all assignment activities are carried out with quality work performed in a timely manner.
- Audit Planning
- Gather information about the auditable areas with regard to its management, operating methods and compliance with legislative / regulatory requirements.
- Review significant developments in the auditee’s activities, operations, environment including changes therein, trends, key performance indicators and personnel.
- Provide balanced / independent view of potential risks and exposures prevalent in that particular auditable areas.
- Review the permanent file of the audit assignment, previous internal and external audit reports (where applicable), evaluate reports generated from Computer Assisted Audit
- Techniques (CAATS) tools (where applicable) and to assess risks contained in the risk profiles to determine potential exposure.
- Assist in the preparation and development / enhancement of process, risk and controls (PRC) documentation, audit working papers (AWP) and audit programs, where required.
- Audit Fieldwork
- Conduct system and / or operational review and evaluate the soundness, adequacy and efficiency of key processes and controls including ascertaining the extent of compliance with established policies, procedures and statutory requirements.
- Carry out various data gathering activities and audit procedures / tests based on GIA’s audit methodology to establish the existence of sound, adequate and efficient operating procedures and controls in the identified auditable areas.
- Document all work done including results and conclusions during fieldwork in the PRC and AWP documents.
- Analyze audit findings and identify people, process, technology or infrastructure deficiencies / weaknesses and recommend solutions for discussion with the Head, Shared Services Audit Unit (or assignment’s Audit Unit Head) and the relevant Department / Auditee Heads.
- Ensure that serious findings such as fraud, malpractice or significant losses are reported immediately.
- Audit Reporting & Finalization
- Prepare quality audit findings for auditee’s responses.
- Review auditee’s responses to audit findings and ensure that appropriate actions had been taken / are being taken for all findings with target date for rectification / resolution.
- Prepare quality audit reports for review of the Assignment Team Leader / Auditor-in-Charge.
- Obtain information and / or copies of documentation from the auditee including statistical reports required to be incorporated in the Audit Report
- Ensure filing of permanent and current audit files with proper cross-referencing for all documents.
- Operational risk and controls knowledge, preferably with banking products and operations knowledge.
- Relevant tertiary or professional certification knowledge in audit / assurance, accounting, finance and business / management areas.
- Risk management framework and processes.
- Best practices of audit techniques and up to-date audit practices including that of management audit.
- Qualification & Experience
- Degree or good knowledge in related discipline.
- Preference with at least 3 years relevant internal audit experience in financial institution, audit firm or business / operations.
- Preferable with a recognized certification such as CIA and CPA/CA, or equivalent.