REV Media Group is Malaysias largest integrated media company. With core expertise in platform strategy, content creation, design, and technical development, REV Media Group plays a pivotal role in managing and expanding Media Prima Berhads portfolio encompasses major TV networks such as TV3, DidikTV, 8TV, and TV9 and popular radio networks including Fly FM, Hot FM, and 8 FM.
REV Media Group also oversees Tonton, Malaysias digital media landscape, continuously delivering engaging content and captivating experiences across various digital platforms over 40+ notable brands.
The Data Science & Analytics Executive will help us make smarter decisions and deliver even better products. Our team drives initiatives to improve performance across a variety of media platforms while delivering consumer analytics efforts to better understand how users engage with our digital products. You will increase efficiency and yield, drive the shift in how digital media is sold today, and provide consumer and engagement insights. Your primary focus will be on applying data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis, NLP, deep learning, visualizing, and building high-quality modeling systems integrated with our products.
1) Analyze raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, and structuring for downstream processing
2) Assist in building and deploying Machine and Deep Learning models
3) Design accurate and scalable prediction analysis algorithms
4) Collaborate with the engineering team to bring analytical prototypes to production
5) Generate actionable insights for business improvements
6) Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
7) Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
8) Create and maintain automated reporting templates, prepare ad-hoc analysis, and present results in a clear manner to a variety of internal and external stakeholders
9) Transform large, complex datasets into pragmatic, actionable insights.
10) Leverage data to identify, quantify, and influence tangible business gain
11) Ability to see beyond the numbers, be the voice of data when communicating to decision makers, product owners, and team leaders
12) Challenge ideas and methods while working together with talented, highly skilled team members, external developers, and suppliers
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
1) Fresh graduates or working experience for 1-3 years in a relevant role
2) Knowledge of solving real problems using data mining techniques and statistical rigor
3) Demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy. Familiarity with data analysis and statistical methods
;s Degree in Social science research, Behavioral science, Information science, Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related Quantitative discipline
5) Strong technical skills in data analysis, machine learning, and programming
6) Familiar with Python, SQL, R, Tableau, and Data Studio
7) Deep understanding of predictive modeling, machine learning, and deep learning algorithms
8) Excellent communication skills; the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
9) Ability to prepare statistical, graphical, and narrative reports
10) Ability to communicate complex findings and ideas in plain language
11) Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
1) Work with a young and vibrant team in a fast-paced startup environment, embracing new and exciting challenges daily.
2) Stay ahead of the curve by upskilling your tech knowledge and adapting to the latest technologies in the field.
3) Experience upgrading career development within the company, unlocking new and exciting opportunities.
4) Enjoy an attractive remuneration package that rewards your dedication and commitment.
5) Benefit from flexible working arrangements, including a hybrid mode setup
6) Engage in monthly team events/activities that foster camaraderie and create lasting memories.
7) Join a team that values work-life balance and supports you in finding the perfect equilibrium
Note: This is an entry-level position specifically tailored for fresh graduates or individuals with limited professional experience. We encourage recent graduates who are passionate about data science and analytics to apply and kick-start their careers in this exciting field.